Thursday, September 16, 2010

IT'S DEFINITELY A GIRL!!!

Ever since the day I found out that I was pregnant, I have been dying to know whether we were having a boy or a girl. Then finally the 20 week appointment came and I scheduled my appointment for 8:30 in the morning so I wouldn't have to go the whole day without knowing. But then when Talon and I got to our appointment they told me that my appointment was canceled and my doctor was in the Emergency Room at the hospital and we couldn't do it that day. I was a little ticked, I just wanted to know right then. So I asked if there was any other doctor that could do it, they finally said they could put me with a PA who could do an ultrasound just to see what the gender was.
The whole time we were looking at the ultrasound I couldn't really tell what anything was, he would tell us where the face or bones were but we still couldn't recognize anything. He told us that if he had to bet on it he would say it was PROBABLY a girl but that if it wasn't he would repaint the nursery for us... needless to say we weren't super positive it was a girl, but we were so happy and that was what we were hoping for!
We scheduled another appointment to see the whole ultrasound and do the baby's measurements and everything. I was expecting the ultrasound to look the same as before but it was so much better, the doctor said IT IS DEFINITELY A GIRL!!! It was so cool to see our little baby squirming around (which she did a LOT of!) she had the cutest little face and we could see everything so clearly. Our little baby is growing perfectly, is healthy, and is right on schedule! Now we can officially start thinking (and shopping) in pink, and calling our little baby Lila!

4 comments:

  1. Ah! Thats so exciting! Congrats you two! Nat I am glad you got what you wanted :) and Lila is such a cute name! I miss you, I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing that you can put your ultra sound right on your blog. She looks so wonderful! I can hardly wait to hug her. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that is so cool you have a video of your baby! We are so excited for you! And even more excited that you are going to have a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! I am So glad She is a girl! and I love the name Lila! So cute!! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to have meet her!

    ReplyDelete