Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Vacation

 I can't believe we've already been back from our vacation for a whole month!  We went to Washington, Utah, and Idaho for two weeks cram packed with fun and family, our two favorite things!  It was my brother Daniel's last week before he headed out on his mission so my family took a vacation up to Sequim, Washington which is one of the most beautiful places ever!  We got to go the Olympic National Park (I was totally expecting the Olympic Games Park, and thought I would see the torch or different stadiums, but it wasn't until we pulled in that I realized that the mountains itself are called the Olympic National Park, haha!  I guess I was just too excited for the Summer Olympics to begin!
We also spent a day in Seattle, a few days at the pretty beaches collecting sea shells and watching the blow holes, eating lavender ice cream (I just had to try it cuz it sounded so weird...it tasted just like it sounds, weird!), visiting the rain forest with ginormous trees, hiking to waterfalls, and just hanging out playing games. 

Then we headed up to Idaho for a fun family reunion with everybody there!  Grandma Jones had lots of cool toys that Lila loved playing with.  I think her favorite thing was the hose, she loved trying to catch the water coming out and looked confused when she couldn't get it.  One of the days we went to Monkey Rock which is one of my favorite places in Idaho, there's a waterfall you can go sit underneath and a big rock you can jump off of.  The water was too cold for Lila, but she was more than happy to sit and splash in a mud puddle!  We went a walk to the cemetery through the back ways and across a canal, played minute to win it games, and Talon and I set up a scavenger hunt around Rexburg that turned out really fun too!  Grandma took Lila to feed the ducks, and she kept trying to sneak the old and stomped on bread into her mouth, but she had fun seeing real ducks.  Talon taught the other kids how to set up rock climbing now that they have their own stuff and the last day we were there we made time for one more trip.  Talon's youngest brother Jake is climbing in the picture above, he was pretty dang good at climbing!

We love being with our families!  Can't wait until we live closer!

1 comment: