Thursday, August 23, 2012

Welcome Back To Real Life

As fun as our vacation was, after living in a suitcase for 2 weeks and not sleeping in my own bed I was ready to be home. As soon as we got back we were ready to crash, we left Utah in the morning and it took all day to travel back so we didn't get home until 9 PM.  I went to put Lila straight to bed and then I realized our house stunk...bad!  I looked in the fridge and realized everything had gone really bad and there were little maggots crawling around everywhere.  As soon as we saw it we knew we had turned off the power to the refrigerator when we turned off the power to the rest of the house, oops!  We'll NEVER make that mistake again, it was one of the grossest things I've ever seen.  So we ended up staying up until the middle of the night throwing out all our food and trying to bleach down the fridge and freezer the best we could.  The next day we even got a bug killer and sprayed it for a few hours and bleached down the fridge a few more times, but it still stunk so stinking bad.  So I gave up on the fridge and we found a steal of a deal on another fridge off craigslist.  Anyways, after the fridge was out and everything was bleached down real good the smell was gone and we got over that issue...

Then there was the issue of the lawn.  Apparently it rained almost all day everyday that we were gone.  We had weeds that were up to my waist that were not even there before,  and our grass was super long.  We had to empty the bag almost every line we mowed.  Here's a pic of how long it got.
                                                          (This is Lila sitting on her bum)
Then to top it all of Lila was on the worst schedule after being on vacation for so long.  For a few days she wouldn't take any naps at all, and she started getting really picky with food and only eating white rice, milk, and snacks.  Luckily we're back in the swing of things and she is taking normal naps and back to eating like her old self, it makes me so grateful for every little thing.  

Talon has been studying for the GRE and getting started on his grad school applications..  He just took the test yesterday and did a great job, and I just sent the the first application in the mail! It's starting to feel more real that we're getting close to our next and final step as far as career goes!I'm so proud of him and how hard he is working for his goal!

So anyways...we're all recovered from our trip now and now I'm getting ready to go back to Utah to babysit in 2 weeks, it's crazy but I'm excited.



5 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun vacation but that stinks (no pun intended haha) that you had to come back to your fridge like that. Where is Talon applying to Grad schools? Are you guys staying in TN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara, we're applying to a school in Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, and Utah...so I guess we'll go wherever we get in!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I didn't mean to delete that Clarissa, I didn't even get to read it before I hit the wrong button! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you needed a vacation after your vacation for sure! No fun about the fridge!!! :P

    ReplyDelete