Sunday, August 11, 2013

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood

One of Lila's new favorite shows is Daniel tiger's neighborhood, I seriously LOVE this show and if you have little kids I totally recommend it. Each episode teaches a short one or two line song and it repeats over and over so by the time the episode is done you've got it down easy. Lila always remembers the songs and sings them when it applies to whatever we're doing. These are some of my favorite times she's used the songs...
-Today in sacrament meeting she was trying to give Talon a drink from her water bottle, he told her "no thank you" and she replied, "we have to try new food it might taste good."
-We play racquetball in our living room when talon is gone to entertain Lila while letting me sit on the couch, I throw a racquetball to her and she hits it with the racquet and then runs to get it and bring it back to me. When she misses she sings to herself the song that goes " keep trying you'll get better."
-talon pulled in after being at school all day so I opened the window so Lila could yell hi to him, but instead she yelled "daddy, grown ups come back"
-tonight when I went to tuck her into bed she was talking about how I broke her bench. I told her I was so sorry and it was an accident, she said " everyone is big enough to do something, you can fix it mom. I told her it was broken and I wasn't big enough to fix it. Then she looked up at a picture of Jesus on her wall and said " Jesus is big enough to fix it"!

My little girl is getting so big and understanding so much! It makes me excited but scared at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. SHE IS HILARIOUS! I can't believe those stories. What a spitfire. Love her

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing I've ever read! Carson loves that show too, he always asks to watch "dandel."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is so so cute!! Sounds like a great show. I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete