Thursday, December 22, 2011
911
Okay so let me start off by saying how embarrassed I am about this (Not quite sure why I am blogging about it then, but oh well!) So today was Talon's first night shift and we have been considering getting an alarm system just so I feel safe at home when I'm here alone with Lila. But we've been here for over a month and we haven't felt creeped out by anything so I decided we didn't need one. Well today I dropped Talon off for his first night shift at work and when I got home around 7 I put Lila straight to bed. Then a loud knock was pounding on my front door. I thought it was kinda weird because A. We don't have too many visitors that are unexpected here in Tennessee, B. It was pitch black outside and pouring rain, and C. I thought only FedEx delivery guys pound on the door that loud. So, anyways I go to get the door and there is nobody there. So I figured it was just a christmas goodie doorbell ditch, but as I open the door to look the same pounding comes from the back door. I also realized there was also no car in the driveway. So I hurried and shut the front door and started to freak out a little. And then from the side door another loud pounding sound came, I realized that Lila was sound asleep in her bedroom all by herself so I hurried to her bedroom to check on her and keep her safe with me. I called Talon but he couldn't have his phone with him cuz he was at work, and the knocking was still continuing on all three doors. I was freaking out, this never happens and this was my first night home alone. So what did I do? I called the cops. I never thought I would ever have to call the cops and I felt so crazy talking to them and realizing this was actually happening. So they were on their way and I was still super nervous. Then, I see two heads poke around the door window. And who was it? My cute cousins Kjel and Clayton dropping off Christmas cookies. So I guess you better make sure Talon is home before you bring any Christmas goodies over to our house :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man, i would have freaked out too! Note to Kjel and Clayton, no pranks on Natalie please! Keep her safe for us!
ReplyDeleteWhat did the police do when they arrived?